The Egenis Research Exchange (ERE) meets every fortnight to discuss developing work by scholars and students at Egenis, the Exeter Centre for the Study of the Life Sciences. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, these sessions are currently being held digitally.
Discussions focus on matters of interest concerning the history, philosophy, and sociology of the life sciences, broadly conceived, and including the cognitive and biomedical domains. We aim to bring together scholars and students, who share in these interests, to showcase and develop their own work in a friendly environment.
Sessions are usually held on Monday every two weeks, from 2-3pm. They are often followed by an Egenis seminar at 3:30pm.
Attendance and participation is open to all. Those wishing to attend, to submit work to be discussed, or with any other questions, should contact Elis Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sabina Leonelli (email@example.com).
Term 3 (May – June 2021)
- Mon 10th May – Sabina Leonelli and John Dupre, University of Exeter
- Mon 24th May – Brian Rappert, University of Exeter
- Mon 7th June – Astrid Schrader, University of Exeter
Term 2 (January – March 2021)
- Mon 18th Jan – Andra Meneganzin, University of Padova
- Mon 1st Feb – Arely Cruz-Santiago, University of Exeter
- Mon 15th Feb – Ernesto Schwartz-Marin, University of Exeter
- Mon 1st Mar – Andrew Jones, University of Exeter
Term 1 (October – December 2020)
- Monday 5th Oct – Brian Rappert University of Exeter
- Monday 19th Oct – Julien Dugnoille, University of Exeter
- Monday 2nd Nov – Lauren Holt, University of Cambridge
- Monday 16th Nov – Sabina Leonelli and Hugh Williamson, University of Exeter
- Monday 30th Nov – Aimee Middlemiss, University of Exeter
- Monday 7th Dec – Ozlem Yilmaz, University of Exeter