The Egenis Research Exchange (ERE) meets every fortnight to discuss developing work by scholars and students at Egenis, the Exeter Centre for the Study of the Life Sciences.
Discussions focus on matters of interest concerning the history, philosophy, and sociology of the life sciences, broadly conceived, and including the cognitive and biomedical domains. We aim to bring together scholars and students, who share in these interests, to showcase and develop their own work in a friendly environment.
Sessions are usually held on Monday every two weeks, from 2-3pm (term time, and excluding bank holidays). They have a hybrid format, taking place both in the Byrne House seminar room and online simultaneously. They are often followed by an Egenis seminar at 3:30pm.
Attendance and participation is open to all. Those wishing to attend, to submit work to be discussed, or with any other questions, should contact Elis Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sabina Leonelli (email@example.com).
Term 3 (May – June 2022)
- Mon 16th May – Sabina Leonelli, University of Exeter
- Mon 30th May – Rose Trappes, Bielefeld University
- Mon 13th June – TBC
Term 2 (January – March 2022)
- Mon 17th Jan – Benjamin Smart, University of Exeter
- Mon 31st Jan – Ozlem Yilmaz, University of Exeter
- Mon 14th Feb – Ariane Hanemaayer, University of Exeter
- Mon 28th Feb – Giovanna Colombetti, University of Exeter
- Mon 14th Mar – Denise Hossom, UC Davis
- Mon 28th Mar – Hugh Williamson, University of Exeter
Term 1 (October – December 2021)
- Monday 4th Oct – Tyler Brunet, University of Exeter
- Monday 18th Oct – Mitchell Distin, University of Valencia
- Monday 1st Nov – Elis Jones, University of Exeter
- Monday 15th Nov – Andra Meneganzin, University of Padova
- Monday 29th Nov – Quentin Dufour, Paris MinesTech