The Egenis Research Exchange (ERE) meets every fortnight to discuss developing work by scholars and students at Egenis, the Exeter Centre for the Study of the Life Sciences.
Discussions focus on matters of interest concerning the history, philosophy, and sociology of the life sciences, broadly conceived, and including the cognitive and biomedical domains. We aim to bring together scholars and students, who share in these interests, to showcase and develop their own work in a friendly environment.
Egenis is located in Byrne House on the University of Exeter main (Streatham) campus. ERE meets on Monday every two weeks, usually from 2-3pm in the seminar room of Byrne House. Sessions are typically followed by tea and coffee and then an Egenis seminar at 3:30 (also in Byrne house).
Attendance and participation is open to all, regardless of disciplinary affiliation, and there is no requirement to register or notify us beforehand.
Term 1 (October – December 2019)
- 30th Sept – John Torday, UCLA
- 14th Oct – Andrew Pickering, University of Exeter
- 16th Oct – Sue Lovell, Griffith University – note this is an extra session, and runs 2-3pm on a Wednesday
- 28th Oct – Sabina Leonelli and Hugh Williamson, University of Exeter
- 11th Nov – Antoine Vuille, University of Neuchâtel
- 25th Nov – Gail Davies and Rich Gorman, University of Exeter
- 9th Dec – Staffan Müller-Wille, University of Exeter
Term 2 (January – March 2020)
- 20th Jan – Caitlin Wylie, University of Virginia
- 3rd Feb – Ernesto Schwartz-Marin, University of Exeter
- 17th Feb – Ric Sims, University of Exeter
- 2nd Mar – Benjamin Smart, University of Exeter
- 16th Mar – Luna Dolezal, University of Exeter
Term 3 (April – June 2020)
Programme TBC, dates as follows
- 27 Apr
- 11th May
- 25th May
- 8th Jun